Thursday, June 19, 2008

summer in the city...

So yesterday, I had to wear a jacket to dinner because there was a cool breeze. This morning, I decided to wear pants instead of capris and take my jacket with me. I didn't take into consideration that I would be walking around in the middle of the day...in full sun. So I got a little hot...OK really hot...I did have fun, though.

I walked downtown looking at some of the bakeries that were on my list to visit. Around lunch time I decided to sit down to figure out the rest of my route. The only place I could see was...McDonald's. Yes, I came all the way to New York to eat at a fast food restaurant you can find in any city in the country. Anyway, I ate a quick bite and mapped out my route to the French Culinary Institute.

The best part of the day was my tour of the French Culinary Institute. I got to see all the classrooms for the pastry, culinary, and bread programs. It would be so amazing to go there!!! (Maybe one day...) I also got a tour of the kitchens for the FCI's restaurant, L'Ecole. On top of learning about the school, I got a cheese danish, a chocolate-covered-caramel-nut-thing, sugared chocolate pecans, AND a complimentary lunch at L'Ecole for Friday. This is substantial because a lunch there is $28!

After walking ALL the way back to LeeAnne's apartment, we met for dinner at Mexicana Mama, then dessert at Pinkberry. Both were delicious!

Can't wait to see what's in store for tomorrow...

The French Culinary Institute...my favorite part of my trip!


Mexicana Mama...delicious! (I later found out that Rachael Ray eats here a lot)

No comments: