Sunday, June 22, 2008

my my metrocard...

I've been here for four days and I haven't bought a metrocard yet. I've just walked most places. But today I finally got one.

We got up this morning and went to visit one of LeeAnne's friends in Brooklyn. After touring her huge apartment, we went for brunch at a cute little place called 12th Street Bar and Grille. It was SO good!

Then we walked to a flea market they have every Sunday in Brooklyn. There was a ton of great stuff, but it was so hot, I didn't really feel like shopping.

Once we were back in Manhattan we rested for a little while before going to church. Tim Keller was scheduled to preach at the 6:00 service, so that's the one we planned to go to. Well, apparently he spent all week planning next years sermons and couldn't prepare for this week, so one of the other pastors spoke. It was a good sermon anyway and afterward we went to dinner with some of LeeAnne's friends from church.

We rode the bus back to the apartment and wrapped up the weekend...a car's coming in the morning at 9:45 so I'd better go pack...


Such a cute coffee house in Brooklyn after the flea market!!

No comments: