Wednesday, January 20, 2010

wde!

As I've said before, I love tennis! But, that love is only a minute fraction of the love I have for...college football! To be more specific, AUBURN football!!!!
The 2009 season started September 5th. Meg and I planned our trip to The Plains weeks before. My AU car flag went up the Sunday before the game. We counted the days til Saturday at work. Finally, we were in Auburn. Tiger Walk was amazing! The atmosphere was so different from last year! Gene Chizik and all the players were pumped!! We got into the stadium and somehow we had gotten tickets on the front row! Once the game started, there were some bumps along the way, but the Tigers pulled out a win!

As we were leaving, Meg and I started talking about how to get tickets to the next game. We did, and the pattern kept going until we had been to every home game in the 2009 season! There were good games, some not-so-good games, and a great game that didn't end the way we hoped!
I was so proud of the way the coaches and players fought for every game this season. Under the circumstances...new coach, no depth...an 8-5 record and a New Year's Day bowl game are pretty good! (And don't forget the Top 5 recruiting class the coaches will hopefully be signing next week!)
Now we're left to talk about recruiting and count down the days until the spring scrimmage and eventually the 2010 season!
....How many days until Sept. 4?....

No comments: