I've had August 7 on my calendar for months. Ever since I heard the first rumor that a movie was coming out about Julia Child, I've been dying to see it. As the summer went on, I heard more and more about the movie and saw the trailers and got more and more excited. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I love food blogs and subscribe to several bloggers who are cooking through cookbooks. But this is the original. Julie Powell cooked through Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking in one year. That's 524 recipes in 365 days! Besides totally exhausting it sounds really fun!!!
I won't give any of the movie away, because you need to see it! I'll just say that I came home, pulled out my DVDs of The French Chef and my fortieth anniversary edition of MtAoFC, and spent a wonderful Sunday afternoon immersed in soups, sauces, souffles, sucrees, and of course...BUTTER!
So, you go see the movie and I'm off to make Beouf Bourguignon!! Bon Appetit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment